Orbits of some large TNOs
Identification of orbits outward from the Sun (black asterisk at center):
Tick marks on the margin are at spacings of 20 AU.
- inner planets (solid green lines)
- (1) Ceres, largest asteroid (solid red line)
- jovian planets (solid black lines)
- Pluto and plutinos (red)
- Pluto (solid red line)
- (28978) Ixion (dotted red line)
- cubewanos (blue)
- (50000) Quaoar (solid blue line)
- (20000) Varuna (dashed blue line)
- (55636) 2002 TX300 (dashed-dotted blue line)
- (55565) 2002 AW197 (dotted blue line)
- (55637) 2002 UX25 (dotted blue line)
- scattered disk objects (black)
- 2002 TC302 (dashed black line) (in the 2:5 resonance with Neptune)
- (42301) 2001 UR163 (dotted black line)
© 2002, 2003 by Wm. Robert Johnston.
Last modified 10 May 2003.
Return to Home. Return to Astronomy and Space.